Cr Andrew Martin
Mayor – Blackall-Tambo Regional Council
Andrew Martin is the Mayor of Blackall-Tambo Regional Council having been elected at the 2016 local government elections. Andrew is well known through agribusiness and agri-politics given the many roles he has been involved in over the years.
Andrew, with his wife Louise own and operate Macfarlane Station near Tambo in Central West Queensland. Andrew holds Diplomas in Agriculture and Rural Business Management and has completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors program. Andrew was one of the early adopters of wild dog cluster fencing which has enabled him to run a far more profitable enterprise while enhancing land and environmental management.
Apart from his agricultural interests Andrew has had interests in many businesses and is well versed in directorship. Andrews’s interests in the past have been:
- Director, Sunshine Gas Ltd, 2000-03,
- Director, Ord River Resources Ltd, 2003-08,
- Director, New Guinea Energy Ltd, 2004-15,
- Sole Director, Outback Sands Pty Ltd, 2000-12,
- Partner, Charleville Hardware Pty Ltd, 1991-2000.
Andrew has been:
- Executive member, National Farmers Federation, 1993-4,
- Executive member, Wool Council Australia, 1989-94,
- Vice President, United Graziers Association, 1994-95,
- President, Sheep and Wool Council Queensland, 1990–94,
- President, Warrego Graziers Association, 1988-91,
- Chairman, Qld Govt Land Use Consultative Committee, 1994-96.