The Central Western Queensland Remote Area Planning and Development Board (RAPAD) is a regional development organisation and regional organisation of councils which aims to foster, facilitate and promote the sustainable growth and development of our Central Western Queensland region. RAPAD has been in existence since 1992 and since then it has proven to be a cohesive and collaborative organisation, proactively working in partnership with government and non-government stakeholders at the local, state and federal level.
Structurally, RAPAD is an ASIC listed, not-for-profit company owned by, and representing the seven local governments of Central Western Queensland. Governance is via a board of directors, representing those member local governments vis-a-vis Barcaldine Regional Council, Barcoo Shire Council, Blackall-Tambo Regional Council, Boulia Shire Council, Diamantina Shire Council, Longreach Regional Council and Winton Shire Council.
There are a number of groups consisting of RAPADs member local governments and external stakeholders that deliver on specific industry or civic needs. These are: The Outback Regional Roads and Transport Group; The Outback Regional Water Alliance and The Central West Regional Pest Management Group.
Sitting under the company structure of RAPAD are the businesses RAPAD Skilling and Rural Financial Counselling Service North Queensland.
- RAPAD Skilling is a registered training organisation under the Australian Skills Quality Authority set up in 2012 to meet the short fall in industry training in the region.
- RAPAD has been a long-term administrator of the Australian and Queensland State Governments Rural Financial Counselling Service Program.
- RAPAD is also a partner in RAPAD Employment Services Queensland [RESQ] delivering the Australian Government’s Community Development Program.
- RAPAD works proactively with the Local Government Association of Queensland to deliver on policies and initiatives relevant to our region. www.lgaq.asn.au
- RAPAD is also a Regional Certifying Body. Read the information sheet here